[Dixielandjazz] Thread-- Charlie Suhor's post "New Rules for Jazz Bands"--Charlie Suhor sums up

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 13:38:37 PDT 2012

Although a little younger than Charles (71), I also remember days when
"The Saints" was not a "must," and when bands did not march around the
hall while playing it.
However, when I was still a teenager in Poland (I left in 1957), all
bands playing for dancing had to play "Rock Around the Clock," and
jazz bands were no exception.  Sometimes we had jazz at school dances,
and they all played it.
Cheers (just having a fantastic Israeli boutique beer, Jem's 8.8 - and
the figures stands for its alcohol by volume content!)