[Dixielandjazz] Swing 2012

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 15:16:28 PDT 2012

Hi,
They must be the most up to date band anywhere - they have been
changing the name to fit the year since times almost immemorial!  When
I first heard them, they were Swing 1984 (and got the Edinburgh
Festival trophy).
If you'd like to know how they sound, trytheir website below.  They
also give critics' opinion - and quote listmate Ken.
Whatever happened to all these people?  Johnny Dankworth became a
formal John, Johnny Russell - ditto, and Kenny has become Ken.
Same name?  Sure, but is it a reflection of attitude?
Cheers

From: JOHN RUSSELL <jjrussell at btopenworld.com>
Date: 28 July 2012 12:05

Hi Marek
Yes, we still do the Malt Shovel but only every other Tuesday. This is
year 28--must be a world record for a resident gig. Email when you are
over here and I'll give you the Tuesday dates. You can also find us on
http://www.swingology.co.uk/

Regards
John