[Dixielandjazz] Little Thomas Wiggins a remarkable kid

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Sun Jul 29 13:01:20 PDT 2012

 A few weeks ago I found this kid in Germany, and posted about him here, and many of you took the time to check him out on youtube.com
and made some nice comments about him.   Several others offered to give him ideas and suggestions for lesson to help him read music better.  This a a pretty selfless kid growing up right, and no doubt in my mind will one day be a trombonist we are all proud to say we watched develop.

He is on Holiday in the UK this week, and attended a Jazz School for some lessons and classes and a performance with the school Jazz Orchestra as the finale.

He is busking on the streets for the remainder of his Holiday to raise money for a popular non profit project.

His mum told me this a.m that he played for 20 minutes today before it started raining too hard to keep it up.  but he collect L105 pounds in only 20 minutes.   He will return when the rain stops. :))    What a great kid he is and is already trying to make a difference in our world.
What a Wonderful World it would be if we had many more just like him.

If you happen to be out an about in the UK  he will be around  Bath I think, and hear a trombone on the street, stop and give him a smile and donation if you feel like doing so.   While this is not making Him money it will certainly instill confidence in him that people think his music is good and allow him to grasp at an early age his actual monetary worth as a future paid professional musician.

http://www.justgiving.com/Thomas-Wiggins

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins   ( The Old One )