[Dixielandjazz] Dottie Lawless

Bruce Stangeland stangeland at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 22 20:06:48 PDT 2012

Fellow DJML members,

Tom Belmessieri, current co-president of the New Orleans Jazz Club of
Northern California (NOJCNC) sent me the following news. He had just
heard it from Rich Vose, the former NOJCNC co-president with Dottie Lawless.

"Dottie Lawless passed away yesterday.  There are no services planned.
She will be cremated.  Late last year Earl Scheelar organized a tribute
to Dottie (at NOJCNC), which she attended.  I don't know if another such
gathering would be redundant and I don't believe that she has any family
that would attend."

Bruce Stangeland
Berkeley banjoist and NOJCNC treasurer