[Dixielandjazz] blog

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Fri Jul 20 11:37:31 PDT 2012

http://thereisjazzbeforetrane.blogspot.co.uk/2009/03/canal-street-jazz-band-
at-cafe-populart.html

One of my kids discovered this blog written about our band here in Madrid in
2009.  The writer is Spanish, however he has written a version in English
(quite good!) followed by Spanish.  Interesting comments, however, I don't
recall ever looking surprised at anything our sub trumpeter did on the
stand!  Evgeni still subs for Pepe, and is always a great joy to play with.
He favors a plunger for many solos...as do I, and we have some real fun
"talking" back & forth.

I told an audience once that when I call him (he's Russian) for a gig I use
a red phone.  And when he can't make a gig, he bangs his shoe on the table.
Well, it was funny when I said it!  :>
He's not yet 30 years old!

I like the bloggers line he puts at the beginning:  "Random thoughts, casual
writings and specific research on early jazz styles. If you think there is
no jazz before Coltrane, you may have come to the wrong place."

Jim