[Dixielandjazz] Hot Rhythm Foundation

Augustine Daniel ds.augustine at utexas.edu
Fri Jul 20 09:27:21 PDT 2012

DJML and other folks--
    This sounds like a great idea, and i've just made a contribution to it.  Worth a look.
Dan
From: Lauryn Gould <syrinxflute29 at gmail.com>
Date: July 20, 2012 10:36:16 AM CDT
To: Lauryn Gould <syrinxflute29 at gmail.com>
Subject: Our new non-profit needs support -- only two days left to kickstart the Hot Rhythm Foundation and Holiday!

Hello All,

Please pardon the mass e-mail. As you know, I rarely send these unless its something really special and important.

As it happens, there's a new non-profit organization in town called the Hot Rhythm Foundation, and we're running a kickstarter campaign to raise funds for our upcoming event, the Hot Rhythm Holiday (hotrhythmholiday.com). http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1760228426/the-hot-rhythm-holiday

I'm calling on you now because we only have until Monday, July 23rd at 11:19am to reach our goal of $7500, and we are almost 80% there! We also have a very generous donor who has agreed to match funds up to $4000, however, if the target amount is not met, then kickstarter does not collect your donation, and we receive nothing. If you can, please help us spread the word by forwarding this message to folks you think might be interested in helping us or in learning more about our organization and events, and if you can find it in your heart, please consider making a donation to our kickstarter campaign! A donation to kickstarter will help ensure that Hot Rhythm Holiday stays affordable, can grow in coming years, and that we can do more to promote the music and dancing that we love throughout the year.

Please visit our kickstarter page here to donate: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1760228426/the-hot-rhythm-holiday

We are eternally grateful for your support!

Warmly,
Lauryn Gould

The Hot Rhythm Foundation is a’ newly formed non-profit organization (in the process of applying for 501(c)(3) status) that recognizes the existence of a community of musicians and dancers that share a passion for the danceable jazz music of the early-twentieth century. It is the mission of the Foundation to promote and sustain this cultural community and in this way preserve the two historically American art forms that exist at its center--early twentieth-century jazz and swing dancing (i.e., Charleston, 'Collegiate' Shag, Balboa, Lindy Hop, etc.). The Foundation, like the community it supports, regards this music and these dances as living, breathing art forms of historical significance and aims to fulfill its mission by sharing them, as such, through community outreach, education, and special events.

--
www.lauryngould.com

" The good man is the only excellent musician, because he gives forth a perfect harmony not with a lyre or other instrument but with the whole of his life."
-Plato