[Dixielandjazz] Vale Edwin Duff

jcr jcr at vicdoctor.com.au
Wed Jul 11 16:20:02 PDT 2012

Quite a surprise! Because I recall Edwin Duff as a rather fruity and "way-out" vocalist with big bands, from my youth, when overt "fruitiness" was a definite "no-no", I had imagined that he would have succumbed to the scourge of AIDS long ago. But he was courageous for his time, and definitely a unique one-off entertainer for the era. May he rest in peace at last.
J Roberts