[Dixielandjazz] Inspiring Teacher

Allan Brown allanbrown at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Jul 11 06:10:14 PDT 2012

Dear Listmates,

I appreciate that most of you on this list are way beyond the sort of material being discussed in this link, but for those of us still scrabbling around at the bottom of the food chain I've found a fantastic series of videos on YouTube that you may benefit from. The woman is Karen Cuneo Ramirez (based in Newcastle nr. Sacramento CA) and she's such a great teacher and very amusing with it. I've learnt more in a couple of days looking at her videos than I have from all the formal music lessons I've had over the last couple of years. She's just got a knack of making you see connections that become immediately obvious once they've been pointed out. It's all basic stuff, and stuff you already know, but it's liberating all the same. You can pretty much dive in anywhere but I've given the link with the video I started off with. (This isn't for all you pros out there, unless you appreciate a natural comedian!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOxo6V7HTSc&feature=relmfu

All the best,

Allan