[Dixielandjazz] A Present

Bob Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Fri Jul 6 06:44:00 PDT 2012

Dear Rae Ann,

You were considerate enough to put a disclaimer on your YouTube of 'Tutti
Frutti'.

It was interesting to hear and see the stage presentation.

Although most of my KOM includes drums, guitar, piano, and bass, I'm afraid
I need one or more from this group of instruments:
trumpet/cornet, trombone, and clarinet.

Without these I find that the music palls after a few hearings.

I remember when I discovered 'mouldy fygge' jazz in 1947, I was told that I
would soon progress to big band music, and then on to modern jazz.

Now, after 65 years I'm still stuck with 'mouldy fygge' music, although I do
sometimes listen to big bands, and even some 'modern jazz'.

However, I'm glad that there is a diversity of taste on this forum, and I
always try to appreciate listmates' opinions, even though my narrow,
blinkered vision remains largely unaltered.

So, please don't think I'm criticizing your taste in music - I often wonder
what I'd be liking today if I'd never discovered the music of which I never
tire.

Kind Regards

Bob Smith