[Dixielandjazz] Mal Sharp was No Name Club

Tom Duncan tom at doctordubious.com
Sun Jul 1 16:08:11 PDT 2012

Randy asked and Bob responded:

Randy Fendrick wrote:

A friend told me about a good Dixie band at the No Name Club in Sausalito,
Calif.

led by a trombone player. Anyone know this group and do they have a web
site?

Randy. The band is led by a comedian trombone player named Mal Sharpe.
[Tom] Comedian, indeed. Mal styles his band, "Mal Sharp and the Big Money in
Jazz Band" :-)

I enjoyed sitting in with them in North Beach in San Francisco and Leon
Oakley played some fine trumpet. I believe they still appear regularly at
The No Name Bar in Sausalito.

Regards,

Tom
Tom Duncan
Doctor Dubious and the Agnostics               www.doctordubious.com
PO Box 2118            Teaneck, NJ 07666
P (201) 836-6076      F (201) 353-2321     C (201) 803-6432
Our CD, "Hot Jazz", available thru . . . http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ddta