[Dixielandjazz] GARY CHURCH"S CONDITION

CHERYL THURSTON thurstonsjazz at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 30 14:10:06 PST 2012

Dear Friends,
Thanks for your concern about Gary....We just found out last night he had a seizure not a stroke.  They found a tumor in his head.  A neuro surgeon from Barrows at St. Joe's said he needs to have it removed within 3 months.  Gary has no insurance since he got on disability....but they started the application process to ACCESS to try and get him approved (usually takes 45 days to find out).  He is on the blood thinner "plavix" to keep his 13 stents open for blood flow.  (His cardiologist said in the past he can not go "off" plavix because there is a risk of getting a stroke...but...we'll see....)  We are just shocked and are trying to soak this in! (He is still in the hospital with high blood pressure and high sugar, mostly due to this painful and stressful problem)
Love & Blessings,
Cheryl