[Dixielandjazz] The Oscars' Disgraceful Nominees for Best Song

Bert Brandsma mister_bertje at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 28 22:43:48 PST 2012

Where did George Gerswin write those supposed original film songs then in the 1940's? In heaven?
Only things especialy for film he made was in 1937 (last year of his life) Shall We Dance and A Damsel in Distress. As far as I know.   He made loads of Broadway Musicals, and the songs were later often used in films, but that is really something different I guess.He didn't write Rhapsody In Blue for the movie Delicious, he wrote it for the concert hall!

> The Oscars' Disgraceful Nominees for Best Song
> by David Hajdu

> By the 1940s, the most esteemed composers in popular music -- ......... George Gershwin,  ........... -- were all writing
> original songs for film,

Kind regards,
Bert Brandsma