[Dixielandjazz] Singer looking for musicians in California

Jim O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Wed Jan 25 12:11:26 PST 2012

Beth Schweitzer wrote:

> I don't know where in California, but an internet friend of
> mine from Russia is looking to hook up with musicians in
> California starting sometime next month.

Beth, California is a BIG state -- from the Oregon State Line to the border with Mexico is about 800 miles. Unless you can tell us where your friend will be, there's not much anyone can do to put her in touch with singers in her area.

She also says she sang with a "cover band" and was invited to be the opening act for a "rock star," so I wonder whether the Dixieland Jazz list is the best place to find instrumentalists for the kind of music she sings. In order for a musician to know whether they'd like to work with her, we'd need a LOT more details about the style she sings, and about her repertoire.

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA
Tuba & Leader, The Zinfandel Stompers