[Dixielandjazz] DC's Melody Records, 1977-2012 - Washington Post, January 21, 2012

Paul Kurtz Jr kurtzph at comcast.net
Mon Jan 23 11:28:02 PST 2012

Do I hate the Melody Music closing for the people who work there and those who like to come in and browse? You bet!! Do I hate it for myself? No. iTunes, Amazon, CDbaby, etc. have offered me an UNBRIDLED opportunity to hunt for music, buy it, read about the composer (finally), dig into things I've wanted to hunt for years that weren't available here, and many other wonderful activities.
I spent my share of time in a WONDERFUL music store called Hoyt's High fidelity and educated myself on certain music. But, you know, I ALWAYS had to have a sighted person with me to look at titles, dig for albums/CDs, drive me there in the first place, etc. etc. etc.
Yes, the people I miss, but the availability of music now, I wouldn't trade for ANYTHING before.
Paul Kurtz Jacksonville, FL
P.S. Remember, too, that this list, by suggestions offered as to what to listen to, cranks me up to go out and hunt more.