[Dixielandjazz] More on Caribbean Cruise

Rick Campbell ricksax at comcast.net
Sun Jan 22 11:43:45 PST 2012

Bob Ringwald said:
"I see I forgot to mention another fine musician and member of the Bob
Schulz band, besides leading his own band the Golden Gate Rhythm
Machine.  I forgot to mention Scott Anthony, banjo/guitar."

This only proves that when your rhythm section is very good (as this
band is) you don't even know they are there. You just float on the
cushion of a solid beat with the right chords. So it is easy to see
how you could forget Scott, a fine player, always in the pocket.

Alas, it is when the rhythm section is weak, fighting each other about
the beat and the chords, does the rest of the band become painfully
aware of them. Aaaaargh!

Rick Campbell
Milneburg Social Aid and Pleasure Society Jazz Band
Portland, Oregon USA
503-701-7356
ricksax at comcast.net