[Dixielandjazz] The Marsalis Videos (Oliver and Jelly Roll)

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sat Jan 21 14:42:40 PST 2012

Steve Barbone wrote:

> Those who saw the band, standing
> room only, for 4 nights, paid a good sum to be there. For example,
> tickets on New Years eve were $300 for the early show and $500 for the
> midnight show. I  don't think there were many,if any, "trad" fans there.
(snip)

Dear Steve,

Please explain the last sentence of your quoted paragraph above.

What makes you think that there were little or no Trad fans at the
Marsalis New Years Eve concert?

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
530/ 642-9551 Office
916/ 806-9551 Cell
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases:
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.