[Dixielandjazz] Bruce Turner

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 05:46:59 PST 2012

> Humphrey Lyttelton, who knew, said that Bruce was like Tony Coe a Willie Smith man,

Tony Coe?  No way!  I haeard both more than once; most times (not
always), I found the former "cool" (like the West Coast style) and
boring, and the latter - always exciting!  That applies to both live
and recored music.  Even so, Coe recorded some masterpieaces.  I have
the Fawkes/Turner recordings, the Jump Band, lots of Humph, teh
Dixieland All Stars (both volumes), "The Controversial Bruce Turner"
on Lake (CD), and he always sounds wonderful.  It was that last
recording that prompted me to write my "Dirt Bopper" email in the
first place. I don't think he was anybody's man but his own.  Unique.
Full stop.

> God bless Bruce!
Amen!

Cheers