[Dixielandjazz] When Country Meets Dixie

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Thu Jan 19 20:36:54 PST 2012

 Kept up ""   Not at All Bob  he knows exactly what he is doing and has taken it one step further and is MARKETING his Project  as Unique !!

That's how ya compete in this game.  Hats off to him.  It takes this kind of new marketing and thinking outside the Trad box  to attract new audiences and lovers of OKOM,   Might be total BS but if it gets more butts in the seats and more to show up at concerts to hear it so be it.   Better than letting it continue to die on the vine especially in the USA the land of instant gratification.

Cheers,
Bart

Steve Barbone wrote:

> CAVEAT: The following excerpt from a Press Release may rankle the
> "trad purists". Especially the last sentence:
> "It's the most unique thing that we may hear musically for a long time."

> Oak Ridge Boys and Dukes of Dixieland have teamed up to record a new
> project entitled When Country Meets Dixie, which will be released
> February 28, 2012

I guess this producer whats-his-name hasn't kept up on what is going on in the
music world.  He hadn't heard about the recent recording with the Preservation
Hall JB and the Blue Grass Band.

--Bob Ringwald