[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Early Country music & jazz musicians

Rick Zahniser zahniser99 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 10:41:08 PST 2012

Thanks, Ken, for filling in a gap in my knowledge of Country Music!!

I knew that Hank Williams did not write LSB... it was his first big
hit, and I have a poster which advertises him & the song, appearing on
the Louisiana Hayride.

/Any time/, of course was Eddie Arnold's big hit -- and broke the
sales record at RCA
(which was for Gene Austin's /My Blue Heaven/)  That record stood until Elvis.

I didn't know that the Dorseys did some country tunes, but of course,
they WEREN'T
country when