[Dixielandjazz] Sweet And Lowdown

Eric Holroyd eholroyd at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jan 15 00:04:48 PST 2012

Thanks to the DJML publicity given to this movie I was able to find a copy, and have just had a quick scan through it.

It looks just great and I’m looking forward to watching it in full.

Howard Alden and Bucky Pizzarelli do great work on the guitar tracks and many other well known jazz musicians appear too.

I searched for the movie soundtrack, and found it at Amazon on the following link:
http://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Lowdown-Original-Picture-Soundtrack/dp/B001BI0OLK

That link is the first I’ve ever seen that fulfills all my needs when deciding to buy a CD or not, and it lists ALL the tunes and ALL the artists and bands who recorded the tracks used in the movie.

It sounds like it’s well worth buying at $11.63 (and they have plenty of used CDs at less than $3 too)

This is for a CD of MP3 files however, and I’m now about to go looking for an audio CD, as I’d prefer that.

Eric Holroyd