[Dixielandjazz] Dogfood

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Sat Jan 14 17:04:20 PST 2012

I'm not sure who the singer is, but I surely recognise Harry Sweets Edison on the latest commercial for Cesat dogfood. This reminds me of the time Roy Eldridge's then current fondness for stratospheric doodling occasioned one reviewer to suggest a desire to attract small canines.
No doubt some fellow scholars on this site can locate a "You dawg!" or several in the Louis Armstrong discography, and maybe even unlike me name the performance on the dogfood commercial linked to in a recent posting. Of course when Tampa Red sang in his 'Let me Play with Your Poodle"  "I mean your little poodle dog" he was lying, since the obvious object of his ludic yearnings was more commonly referred to by a familiar term of assuredly feline reference,.

not to be confused with Cat Anderson

Robert