[Dixielandjazz] Swing Dancers

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Sat Jan 14 11:47:21 PST 2012

Aha !!   The answer to how and why Jazz Musicians ran off all those dancers and became concert bands :

10 minute songs or longer!!  We ain't no juke box on an endless loop system. :))  LOL

And No we won't play the Bunny Hop song either.

Book yourself a DJ.   :))

A Ten minute song is a short one for us. :((

Maybe that means we are a Classical Jazz outfit huh ?     Well we do have some Longhairs in the Band !!!

Cheers,

Bart

 Polite snip:

 Our longest song went for
over 10 minutes at one such event as more than 20 couples went into
the circle one after the other.

Dear Pat:

Tell me about it. VBG  Seems I first played at a swing dance in 1949
so I hope you are including me.

 Any couple that wants gets about 30
seconds of fame inside the ring and the band plays music as long as
someone is dancing inside the circle.

They are competitive, very different, improvised and very charming
about it. Every couple gets a huge hand. Our longest song went for
over 10 minutes at one such event as more than 20 couples went into
the circle one after the other.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband