[Dixielandjazz] Swing Dancers

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 14:47:13 PST 2012

Something must be wrong with me - I agree with Steve yet again!
Sure, swing dancers are mainly interested in the rhythm.  Which was
the case with many followers of Lu Watters, the swing bands, the
British trad.  Most have moved on, some have stayed.  I assume the
same will happen with the current generation of swing dancers.  I have
already mentioned that a girl in her early twenties, when she saw how
much my friend and I enjoyed The New Orleans Function, told us that we
must see Midnight in Paris, because the music had a real twenties
feel.  And most ot that band's following is young, even in venues
without dancing, which means they come to listen, and they can't
listen to the rhythm only.
And yes, that band's leader and its trombonist do tell anecdotes.
Eventually, it pays off.
Cheers