[Dixielandjazz] Swing dance gigs

andy.ling at quantel.com andy.ling at quantel.com
Wed Jan 11 08:47:57 PST 2012

I was chatting to a friend last night about the dwindling and aging
audience for OKOM.

I suggested he should look out some swing dance groups. His response was
interesting.

He said he has played for swing dancers, but finds he doesn't enjoy it.
His
analysis of why was that the dancers aren't the slightest bit interested
in
the music, only the rhythm. They all come along dressed in authentic
period
clothes and dance all night, but are only interested in the right rhythm
for the
dances.

He does the gigs, but would rather be playing for an audience the enjoys
the music.

Is this just a UK thing or maybe just this area or do others see a similar
thing happening?

Andy Ling

--

This e-mail is intended for the named addressees only. Its contents may be
privileged or confidential and should be treated as such. If you are not

Quantel is the trade name used by Quantel Holdings Limited and its
subsidiaries.  Quantel Holdings Limited is registered in England & Wales.
Registration No: 4004913
Contact details for all Quantel Offices and Companies can be found on our
website www.quantel.com or by writing to the holding company.
Registered address: Turnpike Road, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2NX, United
Kingdom