[Dixielandjazz] Fw: The results of your email commands

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Thu Jan 5 21:10:56 PST 2012

John McClernan wrote:

> Pet peeve of mine........musicians who do NOT quote a price for their services to a prospective client, asking instead, "what does the job pay?"

When called for a gig, I almost always ask them what their budget for entertainment is.  I don't necessarily always believe them but often they are telling the truth.

It takes a lot of experience to talk to a client and judge if they are telling the truth.

I then work with what they say or work them up.

My style works.

I get paid very well.

--Bob Ringwald