[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Origins - Was Dogfight

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 15:01:18 PST 2012

Very interesting and enlightening.
I did read the Brunn book many years ago (a friend in the UK sent it to me,
and I had to send it back upon having read it), but took it with much more
than a pinch of salt.
The article on hand seems to corroborate La Rocca's claim, repeated by
Brunn!
Still, perhaps those whose comment was "who cares" were right - what is
important is that now we have jazz.  I am not so greatly surprised to read
that white contribution to jazz was at least as big as black contribution;
after all, there were more whites.  Still, the question is hardly resolved
(and probably never will be).
Cheers