[Dixielandjazz] Jazz audiences in General

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Tue Feb 28 01:48:42 PST 2012

Quote from an earlier post on djml:
>We often hear a lot of opinions about jazz audiences, who they are, what
they like, etc., etc.

As I've stated many times before, and I am sure that I have different
experiences from many on the list due to my elected home in Spain, we don't
actually see "jazz audiences", nor do we seek them out.  What we do have are
audiences in general....people!  People with smiling faces who go away from
our concerts & gigs maybe thinking "I liked that", even without necessarily
knowing details of what they heard.

We are at a small downtown Madrid club at the moment for 9 nights.
Everynite, when we arrive, every single table is reserved...even last nite,
a Monday!  Those at the tables are more than doubled by the amount of people
standing once we start playing.  Very few know the songs we play, nor even
possibly the style, but they are enthusiastic.  Their opinions, many times
expressed to us, is how much they enjoyed themselves.  That's good enough
for me!
Jim