[Dixielandjazz] But is it Jazz?

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 26 15:57:51 PST 2012

On Feb 26, 2012, at 5:03 PM, Pat Ladd wrote:

> Barbone wrote: is it jazz?
>
> .
> Never mind `Is it jazz. The question is `Is it music?`
> I listened to them tuning up for about 5 minutes and then realised
> that I was listening to an actual performance.
>
> A week in the stocks would be appropriate I think.
>
> Pat

Ha, ha. Did you read all the many positive comments about the music
from the you tube audience on that clip? Plus a few negative?

That is probably where jazz is going whether we like it, understand
it, or not. For us oldsters, a great pity, but for the kids, probably
an exciting time.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband