[Dixielandjazz] The PBone

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Thu Feb 23 10:23:14 PST 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZqZtAa-FK8&feature=related

This link shows clearly that brass is still brass & plastic is plastic.  The
guy does a good job of swapping in the same solo, and his comments at the
end jive completely with what I was thinking, so I won't bother to say it
all again.

I could immediately hear the diffence between the 2 horns without looking.
Hanging a cloth over the bell of a brass horn will give you the plastic horn
sound, if that is what you want.

No mention about the slide.  Can't believe it could be as quick as a "Doctor
Slide" treated slide.  And, if you don't know who The Slide Doctor is, go
here http://www.slidedr.com/ & then get your slide to him immediately, where
ever you are!  The treatment is even good for a brand new slide.

He'll send you a great box to send the slide.  Of course, you'll need
another horn to play while your slide is at the doctor.

I wouldn't try sending it from out of the U.S. as you will have to deposit
the value with Customs while it is away, plus do a lot of paperwork! Even
then, you might have to pay customs to get it back! Within the U.S. is no
problem.  With his box, there is no danger to send the slide with UPS/DHL.

Jim