[Dixielandjazz] NO Wanderers, was Chicago jazz show

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 07:20:57 PST 2012

Dear Anton,
WhileI tend to agree, I have one comment about :i; Armstrong's
playing: on the Wanderers sessions she was very rhythmic, but not as
inventive as Mr. Jelly Lord (who was?); I have the feeling that the
"whacking away" comment related mainly to the "Chcago and All That
Jazz" session, where it was more appropriate, even if a wee bit
exaggerated.
Cheers