[Dixielandjazz] Sancy Snow Jazz

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 07:18:56 PST 2012

Hello GAry,
I am afraid it's a bit too late now for a festival starting today!
I have nevertheless entered the website, and it's all in French.
Moreover, it's an almost all-French festival.  Not that this in itself
is a bad thing - there are some excellent French musicians.
Unfprtumnately,  many of them are not too well known outside the
French or European jazz circles.  It is very difficult to decode
wheter there is a lot for an OKOMer there.  With some it's clear from
their names: Django's Dream or Red Hot REadwarmers, for example.  With
others it is more difficult, and even looking them up on the Internet
is not necessarily helpful.  I have found that Alain Meaume
(clarinette) has recorded with a trads band, so he seems OK, and I've
listened to Nicolas Dary and found him to be a swing player, but some
of the groups are really out of my scope of interest (all those with
harmonicas, for example).
Is there any website where information on themusicians is available in English?
I see that the festival is scattered between a few villages or towns;
is transportaion good enough to travel and hear bands in the various
towns on the same day?
Cheers