[Dixielandjazz] Mardi Gras

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 07:41:15 PST 2012

Hello listmates,
It seems that Israel is bustling with jazz activity.  Last night I
attended a mixed show of jazz and DJ dancing.  Except for my friend
and me, most of the peublic was in its twenties (there might have been
a few "old uns" of over 30)!  On the 11th I had to miss Isadixie - too
much work and too tight deadlines!  On Tuesday, a quartet out of the
New Orleans Function is playing in a Jaffa restaurant.  On Saturday
night, NOF with giests will be celebrating the Mardi Gras in the
"Art-Cafe Saloona in Jaffa.
True, all that is in the Tel-Aviv area (Jaffa and Tel-Aviv are the
same municipality), but NOF and Swing de Gitanes often play in
Jerusalem and elsewhere, Larry announces his gigs on DJML, and
Isradixie also plays in other areas. And the entire population here is
just around 7 million!
Cheers