[Dixielandjazz] I'm Satisfied With My Gal

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 14 13:16:58 PST 2012

>  "Roy (Bud) Taylor" <budtuba at gmail.com> wrote
>
> I love the song from the 20's best sung by a couple of male voices.
> Easy
> to change the words to fit any situation.
>
> I'm Satisfied With My Gal
>
> http://youtu.be/5uMf-CSXtrk
>
> Anybody on this board have a copy of the lead and chords??

Dear Bud:

Here are the chords i have: (in C)  Transcribed by Jim Yates from the
Jim Kweskin Jug Band rendition.

C / C / C B Bb / A7 / D7 / G7 / C / G7 /

C / C / C B Bb / A7 / D7 / G7 / C / C /

E7 / E7 / A7 / A7 /  D7 / D7 / G7 / G7 /

C / C / C B Bb / A7 / D7 /  G7 / C /  (G7)

The last G7 in parentheses (G7) is used only for the turnaround. On
the last chorus, stay on the tonic.

I don't have a lead sheet but can tell you where  lot of lead sheets
from 1900 to 1923 are. (FREE SINCE THEY ARE PD.)
If you are looking for obscure as well as popular songs, See:

http://library.indstate.edu/about/units/rbsc/kirk/ps1900.html

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband