[Dixielandjazz] Adding a letter to a song title - was - vocal gaffes

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 12 14:56:46 PST 2012

Oops, I inadvertently misread Eric H's challenge. As Bill,H publicly,
and Eric privately reminded me, it was to add a letter.

OK I'll start again, with song titles.

Across the Valley From the Alamo

Afternoon in Paris H  - John Lewis ( changed to suit the video if you
catch my drift. <grin >)

All The Things You Dare

As an aside, here's a story about "That Old Black Magic. Trombonist
Pete Pepke and I were in a band during a fund raising event in a
theater. The next act after us, on stage, was a magician. So just as
the Emcee announced the change to the magician, we played the first 8
bars of "That Old Black Magic". You guessed it, the magician was
black, had grey hair and he broke up as he came out on stage, which of
course cause the audience after a short pause, to break up also.

Cheers,
Steve (Gall of Me) Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband