[Dixielandjazz] Request

Scott Anthony santh at comcast.net
Thu Feb 2 14:10:02 PST 2012

Hello all,

The upcoming issue of the San Francisco Traditional Jazz Foundation publication, "The Frisco Cricket", is going to feature a bunch of previously unpublished photos of the recording session of the 1963 "Blues Over Bodega" Lu Watters album. If anyone out there has a copy of the original LP, would they be willing to take as high a resolution as possible digital shot of the album cover and send it to me off list. I would really appreciate it.

I used to have this LP, and I remember the cover reading either "Blues Over Bodega" or "Battle For Bodega". The only online picture I have been able to track down (which was obviously generated by trying to scan a 13" square LP cover with a regular desktop scanner so that it is really badly cropped) says "Memories of the Bodega Battle" which doesn't sound correct although the background picture of Lu Watters looks familiar.

Another curious twist that I am going to mention in the article is that the cover of the CD reissue of the LP called "Blues Over Bodega" shows Bob Neighbor (second trumpet) and Turk Murphy on trombone, neither of whom were actually on the original recording.

Scott Anthony