[Dixielandjazz] Cornet Chop Suey

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Sun Dec 30 09:19:24 PST 2012

On 30/12/2012 16:18, Marek Boym wrote:
> Hi Tony,
> Gald you're well and kicking again!
Season's Greetings All,
Tony prolly won't get round to explaining Marek's comment so here goes:

Streptococcis Mitis infection homed in on his aortic valve and he was
admitted to our Oxford (UK)Hospital the day after Marek saw him playing
his trumpet at Bude Festival. He wasn't able to walk far but he could
still blow!

After 2 weeks on antibiotics, the infection was held at bay sufficiently
to allow for a valve transplant.  He was in hospital for 5 weeks  is
recovering well , playing again and we've booked the Jazzdagen Alaska
trip as a treat.

If your "significant other"  mentions that your ankles are swelling
don't take umbrage, you might have a heart problem!

3 of the Big Bear Stompers now have a reason to be grateful to the JR
Hospital Heart Centre so we're putting on a thank-you fund raiser in our
village near Oxford on Feb 22nd... all welcome!

Jude
jude at judyeames.co.uk