[Dixielandjazz] Louis' 'Cabaret'

Bob Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Sun Dec 30 08:10:12 PST 2012

This present interest in Louis Armstrong reminds me that I have a problem in
identifying a recording I have of 'Cabaret'.

It is on a CBS cassette titled 'Louis Armstrong's Greatest Hits' number
40-64601. I've tried to identify it using Jos Willem's 'All Of Me' and Tom
Lord. Aurally it is Louis playing and singing accompanied by a large
orchestra. The trombonist (Tyree Glenn?) and the clarinettist (Buster
Bailey?) have short, very subdued solos. The nearest I could find is that it
was part of the Ed Sullivan Show in New York City on 1966-09-11.

This was a CBS TV-show, so it may well be the actual session, although only
one CD is named, viz. TVT 9427-2

Can anyone confirm this?

Bob Smith