[Dixielandjazz] Marian McPartland and anni domini

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 25 20:33:09 PST 2012

Is any bounder going to commit the crassness of saying one did wrong in giving a more recent date of birth to Marian McPartland than others have sought to....

a gentleman has his standards.

It was fun though when the blues researcher aware of the early blues recordings of Jimmy McCracklin, with his own Walter-Davisish piano or J.D. Nicholson playing as he had learned down south in the 1920s -1930s., found among the publicity material of McCracklin's later less musical career a date of birth later than the man's first recordings. And without any recourse to reincarnation.

What a cad!

Steve Voce is 21

(out of a possible 22 marks for fostering jazz --

   I follow the practice of a university department I once endured,

   whose highest mark was never double alpha but double alpha minus)

and an occasion for gratitude: he should be taken out and dined!!!

Compliments of the season !!!!