[Dixielandjazz] Question

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym at teledyn.com
Tue Dec 25 14:50:56 PST 2012

I likely doesn't help much, but I think it is fair to say that
'Digest-mode' is an anachronism in these modern times of Gmail and similar
accounts -- most people are unaware of the context of the message being
tagged to the bottom because their mail reading software, typically a
website like Gmail, hides this behind an elision.  So asking folks to
remove that information means the majority are being called upon to learn a
new trick that is out of the process stream of reading their emails in a
way they use for every other internet mail service.

I feel your pain, but it *is** 2012* and we are no longer in the days of
strict ascii and mailheaders and bang-paths through arpanet, the world has
moved on, bandwidth is no longer precious, and the new net appliances are
not geared to those still on 'old' technology.  You can't buy typewriter
ribbons anywhere but eBay too (I know, I tried) and, well, we just have to
move with it, because it won't wait for us.

So again, I feel your pain, 15 years ago I recall railing on about the same
thing as HTML emails flooded our mailservers, but I also recall receiving
hate-emails from mail relay hosts between Ottawa and Switzerland
complaining about my endangering the system because I asked for a uuencoded
81 megabyte file to emailed to my home machine!  That's all routine now
(although emails still limit to 25M but I expect that will be 10x that
amount in another 5 years)

--
*Have Blog, Will Travel: blog.teledyn.com*
*A Serviceable Substitute: post.teledyn.com*