[Dixielandjazz] Marian McPartland

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Dec 24 12:33:33 PST 2012

Marek Boym wrote [in part]:

> Dear Bob,
> Accordint to the Wikipedia , Marian McPartland was born March 20, 1918.  While U do realize that Wikipedia is not a very reliable
> source, this information is based on Hasson, Claire "MarianMcPartland: Jazz Pianist: An Overview of a Career", the  PhD Thesis of
> Ckaire Hasson.

Dear Marek,
At least you are tenacious.
8>)
Unless Dr Claire Hansson has new information, then she differs from other sources Chilton, Feather, The  New Grove Dictionary of Jazz, Jazz The Rough Guide, etc.
Claire is a talented Australian jazz pianist and a longtime and dear friend.
I do not have Claire's new book yet, but will ask her regarding the birth date when I return from the 67th Australian Jazz Convention on New Year's Day.
If she is right, then Chilton and the others have been misinformed all these years.
Very kind regards,
Bill.
[Who's computer will be turned off for a week from tonight.]