[Dixielandjazz] Jazzing Christmas music

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 14:51:30 PST 2012

Hello Listmates,
Perhaps now is the righ time to pay tribute to the label and the man
who first (at least to my knowledge) brought us an LP of jazz versions
of Chrismas songs (even if "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus) may not
quite qualify.
Many years ago, long before  the World Greatest Jazz Bands "Hark!  Th
Herald Angels Swing", George H. Buck's Jazzology issued "Let's Have an
Old-Fashioned Christmas" by the British George Jacson's Jazz Band"
(J-9).  By the way, that was my introduction to Christmas songs,
including "Jingle Bells," as that's not exactly what we hear in our
non-Christian country.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
Marek, Israel