[Dixielandjazz] FW: Question about sound...

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sun Dec 23 01:40:31 PST 2012

>and I'm wondering what kind of reverb is best on acoustic piano sound (no
vocal involved)???  Steve "Stubby" Heist

Steve, actually, I know little about "sound reinforcement" with editing &
mastering being my forte.  However, all that is needed in audio is common
sense & decent ears!  We've all got both, but some do those things better
than others!

I wouldn't use any reverb on the piano usually, but if you do, you should
make sure you don't notice it.  Your question then will be "why bother if it
is not noticeable?"  Reverb should be used to help the sound, but if it
becomes a sound in itself, it is an "effect".

Jim