[Dixielandjazz] Anachronic Jazz Band - 2013

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 15:18:19 PST 2012

Indeed.  I mean - recorded 1976.
I must have been mistaken because I heard the band in Nice in 1977.
I have just heard a recording form the the 1979 "Jazz in der Burg"
festival, with a different version of the AJB: Marcel Bornstein on
trumpet ( a real veteran of FRench jazz), Dominique Vernhes, Richard
and Huck (reeds; Huck is NOT on the 1976 LP OP 02), and Lionel
Benhamou (bjo).  The others are like on the 1976 LP I have (I haven't
got the second LP.  BTW, there are nine numbers on the LP.  You list
nineteen; does that suggest a CD?
I did know they recorded with BErl Bryden, but have not realized there
were so many numbers!  I'll be on the lookout!
Anyway, on my (new) LP from the festival the band plays "Anachronic
Blues" and a red hot version of "Ask Me Now."  Recorded 30 June 1979.
Cheers
P.S.
I woulnd't have bout the record had I noticed two numbers were just a
singer accompanying himself on guitar.