[Dixielandjazz] Anachronic Jazz Band - 2013

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Sun Dec 16 06:21:22 PST 2012

Mike (and all),

Just got off the phone with my man Pierre Guicquéro (Sac à Pulses'
trombonist) and have the 2013 personnel. From the original line-up,
there is :

Parrick Artero - trumpet
Marc Richard - clarinet and arrangements
André Villeger - tenor sax, clarinet
Daniel Huck - alto sax, vocals
Philippe Baudoin - piano and arrangements (Philippe is the one that has
that cool fake book)
Gérard Gervois - tuba

The new players :
Pierre Guicquéro replaces Daniel Barda on trombone
François Fournet replaces Patrick Diaz on banjo
Sylvain Glevarec replaces Bernard Laye on dms

The concert in Bayonne on Jan 25 will be the 'live' recording for the CD
to be released a couple of months later. They will also be in Paris on
Jan 27, The Münster Jazz Festival on May 30 and the Vienne Jazz Festival
July 13. Pierre listed a number of other concerts, but I didn't take
good notes.

Marek, From my understanding, the two 33s of the Anachronic Jazz Band
were recorded as follows :

First 33
Théatre D'Etampes Apr. 15 & 20, 1976
1 - Yardbird Suite
2 - 'Round Midnight
3 - Anthropology
4 - Blue Monk
5 - Tin Tin Deo
6 - Jordu
7 - Pent Up House
8 - Bernie's Tune
9 - Move
Théatre Du Ranelagh Nov. 1978
10 - Giant Steps / Blues To Bechet
11 - Joy Spring
12 - Duke Idea
13 - Anachronic Stomp
14 - Ask Me Now
15 - Salt Peanuts
16 - Daahoud
17 - Be Bop
18 - Anachronic Blues
Live, Nancy Oct. 1977
19 - I Hope Gabriel Likes My Music

Second 33
Live, Ortf, Paris Feb. 21, 1976
1 - 'Round Midnight
2 - Anthropology
3 - Move
4 - Yardbird Suite
Live, Germany Oct. 18, 1978
5 - Ask Me Now
6 - Anachronic Blues
Live, Mantes Nov. 1978
7 - My Pet
8 - Blue Monk
9 - Tin Tin Deo
10 - 'Round Midnight
11 - Yardbird Suite
12 - Jordu
13 - Bernie's Tune
Live, Germany Mar. 16, 1979
14 - I'm Tired Of Fattening Frogs For Snakes

Here is a bonus track. Not the AJB, but in the same spirit. Here is Les
Rois du Foxtrot (the Kings of the Fox Trot) playing Night In Tunisia. I
love Les Rois du Foxtrot too. They are a reading band organized by Jean
Pierre Morel. They used to be called Sharkey and Co, but they changed
the name in respect for Sharkey Bono. These guys play a VERY researched
repertoire; many many great tunes that will surprise many of the old
seasoned veterans on this list.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNARfN2tepQ

All the best, Gary

http://jazzmusiciansforum.talklist.com/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=jazzmusiciansforum