[Dixielandjazz] [Dixieland jazz] Old, but new!

Jim Allen jim.allen at longhornband.net
Wed Dec 12 08:53:58 PST 2012

I don't know.  As a member of the University of Texas Longhorn Band in my college days, I have played "The Eyes of Texas" countless times, probably in the thousands of times, and exactly the same notes, and participating all these years in the Longhorn Alumni Band, countless more.  It's been nearly 50 years.  We never get tired of it, or bored.  Of course, it is not just a song, but a way of life.

Maybe that's the ticket!

Boredoom?  "The cure for boredom is curiosity.  There is no cure for curiosity!"  Dorothy Parker

\m/

Jim Allen
Coronado, CA