[Dixielandjazz] Slim Gaillard

Jim Allen jim.allen at longhornband.net
Tue Dec 4 15:32:07 PST 2012

I admit that I have never heard of this fellow, before now.  It sounds as though he was a uniquely and uncommonly talented man, but one characteristic stands above all others in my mind.  How did he get people to call him "Slim?"

I used to hate it when people called me skinny, but now I'd give anything if they would call me "Slim!"

Best

Jim Allen
Coronado, CA