[Dixielandjazz] Mike Meddings and Sidewalk Blues

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Aug 14 21:29:48 PDT 2012

david.cockerham at virgin.net asked [in part]:
> Searching for contact details for Mike Meddings I came across an old message of yours on the Dixielandjazz website when you were also trying to contact him.  Did you ever manage to do so?  I have been scouring the world for months trying to beg or buy a score for the full Jelly Roll Morton Red Hot Peppers band arrangement of Sidewalk Blues...

Dear David,
Yes, I have been in contact with Mike, but he is unwell at the moment and has had to reluctanly curtail the wonderful work he does with the JRM site.
So far as the score of "Sidewalk Blues" is concerned, there are several musicians/bandleaders on the DJML who will have access to band arrangements transcribed from the original JRM recording.
I am sure that someone will contact you regarding your request.
An accurate lead sheet is included in the very comprehensive "Dixieland Fake Book - Vol. 2. Trad".
The link to the site is:
   http://elderly.com//books/items/605-6.htm
Very kind regards,
Bill.