[Dixielandjazz] Looking for chords chart ou leadsheet : Swing, baby, swing (or Love('s) in my heart)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Apr 30 16:48:37 PDT 2012

Mic (from Burgundy) wrote [in part]:
> Can anyone help me, please? I'm looking for documents (chords chart or leadsheet) about the song <Swing, baby, swing>/(or <Love('s) in my heart>).
> ...composed by Hayes Alvis and Duke Ellington. I found records that are very similar by Rex Stewart, Duke Ellington and Boris Vian.

Dear Mic,
"Love in My Heart" ("Swing, Baby, Swing)" was recorded by Rex Stewart and his 52nd Street Stompers for Variety on 7 July 1937 (at the "Tea and Trumpets" session) with the usual small group Ellington contingent, including its co-composer Hayes Alvis.
The tune was released on Variety 664 as "Swing, Baby, Swing " and, weeks later, using that title, on Vocalion 3844.
For some reason, it was retitled "Love In My Heart in the Vocalion files at the end of June and appeared on repeat pressings of Vocalion 3844, and subsequent reissues, with that title.
Copies of the Vocalion 3844 labelled "Swing, Baby, Swing are rare.
So far as I can find Ellington did not record the tune again under either title.
I doubt that is was ever published and, unfortunately, I can't help with a source for a lead sheet.
You may be interested in the following film short of 'Duke Ellington Makes A Record'
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln2E6Sc7YJE
made in Brunswick's New York Studio in late June 1937 (with Hayes Alvis shown playing in the opening sequence) recording "Oh, Babe! Maybe Someday" and "Daybreak Express".
Now for a mystery.
"Oh, Babe! Maybe Someday" was recorded by Ivie Anderson with Ellington's orch for Brunswick on 28 February 1936 (mx 18740) and released on Brunswick 7667.
At 4.15 into the above film short there is a shot of the label of a new pressing of "Oh, Babe! Maybe Someday" with Irving Mills Variety label showing mx 18740 and the Brunswick catalogue number 7667!
I wonder if this has been resolved in a DEMS Bulletin.
Very kind regards,
Bill.