[Dixielandjazz] Jazz, tires and the young

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Sun Apr 29 14:49:28 PDT 2012

Stan, Marek and anyone that gives a poot,

I need to point out that the gig I had Saturday night was NOT a jazz
concert. These kids were just having a group dinner at an engineering
competition. Nobody there knew we were going to be there. Whenever we
play for Michelin, the guests have no idea we are going to be there.
They are invited for dinner and we are an added attraction. Hey,
Michelin has good taste.

What was so cool about the evening was the reaction from 350 young
adults that had no idea that there was going to be music at dinner. And,
the music offered was surely not what they normally listen to. We didn't
promote anything; we just played and did our thing.

I had another gig tonight with a different group. The gig was booked in
January. The problem is that the local rugby team kept winning and made
it to the semifinals -- TONIGHT. There were 15 people at the gig. We had
a good time anyway.

All the best, Gary

On 29/04/2012 17:55, Marek Boym wrote:
> What a wonderful way to promote jazz!