[Dixielandjazz] Evan Christopher

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 16:26:00 PDT 2012

OK,
Now I have heard Christopher playing "Lonely Woman" and "Ramblin'" by
Ornette Coleman.
While Pee Wee he ain't, having heard it only reiforced my comparison;
Evan's playing didn't sound anything like Coleman's and Coleman's ilk.
To avoid misunderstadnings: I had the misfortune of hearing Ornette
Coleman on both saxophone and violin; about the latter, Monk said to
Coleman: if you want a violin, hire a violin player!  Since it is not
a direct quote (too late now to search for it - it's almost 2:30AM), i
have not put it in quotation marks.
Cheers